Windows Sockets Tasks
Use Windows Sockets for network programming. Use sockets to send or receive data over a network. MFC supports sockets with two classes.
For information about Windows Sockets without MFC, see in the Win32 Programmer's Reference.
What do you want to do?
- Find out what Windows Sockets is
- Use Windows sockets with MFC archive objects
- Set up communication between a server socket and a client socket
- Derive from an MFC Windows sockets class
- Handle Windows sockets notifications in MFC
- Use class CAsyncSocket for Windows sockets flexibility
- Create a CAsyncSocket object
- Manage blocking in a CAsyncSocket object
- Manage byte-order issues in a CAsyncSocket object
- Convert byte orders in an MFC Windows socket
- Convert strings in MFC Windows sockets
See Also , ,