Deleting a Table from a Database Diagram and the Database
Delete a table from your database diagram when you want to do all of the following:
- Remove the table from your diagram.
- Remove the table from every other diagram in which it appears.
- Mark the table for deletion from the database.
A table that is marked for deletion is permanently deleted from the database when you save your diagram. A reference to that table continues to exist in memory until you save the diagram. If you close the diagram without saving it, the table will continue to exist in your database and appear in your diagram and every other diagram in which it appeared before you marked it for deletion.
To delete a table from the database
- In your database diagram, select the table you want to delete.
- Right-click the table and choose Delete Table from Database from the shortcut menu.
- A message box prompts you to confirm the deletion. Choose Yes.
Note Deleting a table automatically removes any relationships to it.