SQL Server 2000
New Information - SQL Server 2000 SP3.
- If there is no query in the query pane, open a saved query or create a new query.
- Select the query text to tune.
- On the Query menu, click Index Tuning Wizard or press CTRL+I. To perform index tuning, you must be a member of the sysadmin fixed server role.
Note This option works only when connected to an instance of Microsoft® SQL Server™ version 7.0 or later.
- Follow the instructions in the Index Tuning Wizard. On the Specify Workload page, select Query Analyzer selection to tune the query in the Query window. Continue through the wizard pages. The wizard recommends the best index configuration for the query.
- When you have completed the steps required to tune your index, you may apply the recommendations immediately, schedule a job to apply them at a certain time, or save them to a file in the form of a Transact-SQL script.
Security Note Never store passwords in a script.