Entering Data in SQL Query Analyzer
In addition to the Editor pane of the Query window, in which you can type INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE statements, SQL Query Analyzer provides the Open Table window, which is a graphical interface for viewing or modifying data.
From either Object Browser or the Object Search dialog box, right-click the table that contains the data to be updated and select Open from the Context Menu.
To insert a row
- Right-click in the Open Table window and select Add from the Context Menu.
An empty row is inserted at the bottom of the window.
- Fill in the data in the columns of the new row.
To update a row
- Locate the row to be modified and enter the changes. If you right-click in the cell your are editing, you have access to Undo, Cut, Copy, Paste, Delete, and Select All commands on the Context menu.
- Move off the row to save the changes.
To delete a row
- Right-click the row to be deleted and select Delete from the Context menu.