How to compress and deliver snapshot files (Enterprise Manager)
SQL Server 2000
To compress snapshot files
- In SQL Server Enterprise Manager, expand the Replication and Publications directories, right-click a publication, and then click Properties.
- On the Snapshot Location tab, select Generate snapshots in the following location, specify a location for the files, and then select Compress the snapshot files in this location.
To configure snapshot delivery on the Subscriber
- In Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Manager, expand the subscription database and the Subscriptions directory, right-click a subscription, and then click Properties.
- On the Snapshot File Location tab, select Get the snapshot from the following folder.
- Type the path or click the browse (...) button and browse to the directory where you want snapshot files to be placed.