How to enable a push subscription to use remote agent activation
To configure a push subscription to use remote agent activation
- In the Microsoft® Management Console on the Distributor, expand Microsoft SQL Servers 2000, expand SQL Server Group, select the Distributor, and then expand the Replication directory.
- At the Publisher, expand the Publications directory, right-click a publication, and then select Push New Subscription.
- In either the Set Distribution Agent Location window for Transactional Replication, or the Set Merge Agent Location window for Merge Replication, select Run the Agent at the Subscriber.
- To verify that the agent can be run remotely, click Verify Subscriber.
- The Distributor connects to the Subscriber and starts the Distribution Agent or the Merge Agent using DCOM. If the connection is successful, you will receive the message, The Subscriber 'SubscriberName' is prepared to run the offload agent.
Important After you specify where the agent should run when creating the subscription, synchronization may fail if you specified that the subscription should be automatically synchronized and you haven't configured DCOM for the remote agent activation.