How to recover from failover cluster failure in Scenario 2
SQL Server 2000
In Scenario 2, failure is caused by Node 1 being down or offline but not irretrievably broken. This could be caused, for example, by an operating system failure.
- After Node 1 fails, the Microsoft® SQL Server™ 2000 failover cluster fails over to Node 2.
- Run SQL Server Setup and remove Node 1. For more information, see How to remove a failover clustered instance.
- Resolve the problem with Node 1.
- Ensure that the Microsoft Cluster Service (MSCS) cluster is working and all nodes are online.
- Run the Setup program on Node 2 and add Node 1 back to the failover cluster. For more information, see How to add nodes to an existing virtual server (Setup).