How to manually map OLAP objects to the underlying SQL database objects
When English Query is unable to acquire the information from a Microsoft® SQL Server™ 2000 Analysis Services server to map an OLAP cube to its underlying SQL table while creating a mixed model, the mapping information must be obtained manually or the project will not build properly.
To manually map OLAP objects to the underlying SQL database objects
- In the Project Explorer window, double-click the module (.eqm).
- On the Model menu, click Import Tables.
- On the Provider tab of the Data Link Properties dialog box, double click Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server.
- On the Connection tab, select or enter the name of the server on which the SQL database resides.
- Enter the log on information.
- Select the database containing the SQL database objects.
- Click OK.
- In the New Database Tables and Views dialog box, select all of the tables used by cubes and dimensions that are being mapped.
- Click the OLAP tab and expand Cubes.
- Double-click each cube to map.
- In the OLAP Cube dialog box, select the appropriate table and field for each measure that needs to be mapped and then, click OK.
- Repeat steps 10 and 11 until all of the cubes are mapped.
- Expand Dimensions.
- Double-click each dimension that to map.
- In the OLAP Dimension dialog box, select the appropriate table and field for each level and member property and then, click OK.
- Repeat steps 14 and 15 for each dimension to map.
Note All OLAP objects except calculated measures must be mapped to a SQL database object.