How to upgrade from a SQL Server 6.5 active/passive failover cluster (Setup)
To upgrade from a SQL Server 6.5 active/passive failover cluster
- Uncluster Microsoft® SQL Server™ version 6.5.
- Install a default instance of SQL Server 2000.
You must install the binaries to a local drive and use a cluster disk for the data. This local drive is a path, which is a non-clustered disk valid on all nodes of the cluster. On all nodes of the cluster, this drive must have at least 300 megabytes (MB) of available space.
- Run the SQL Server Upgrade Wizard to migrate your data into SQL Server 2000.
- Uninstall SQL Server 6.5.
- Run SQL Server Setup to upgrade your default instance of SQL Server 2000 to a SQL Server 2000 failover cluster.
For more information, see How to upgrade from a default instance to a default clustered instance of SQL Server 2000 (SQL Server Setup).