How to derive a template from a trace file or trace table (SQL Profiler)
SQL Server 2000
New Information - SQL Server 2000 SP3.
To derive a template from a trace file or trace table
- On the File menu, point to Open, and then click either Trace File or Trace Table.
- If you choose to replay a trace table, you must enter the connection information. In the Connect to SQL Server dialog box, select the server to which you want to connect and a connection method, and specify the database in which the table is saved in the Source Table dialog box.
Security Note When possible, use Windows Authentication.
- Select the trace file to open, unless you have already selected a trace table to open.
- On the File menu, point to Save As, and then click Trace Template.
- Type a name and save the template file.