Monitoring Log Shipping
After you have configured log shipping, use the monitor server to view information about the status of all the log shipping servers.
The monitor server provides you with all of the details of log shipping, such as:
- When the source server was last backed up, and when the destination servers last copied and restored the backup files.
- Information about the backup failure alert.
- Information detailing alert generation suppression.
Using the monitor server, you can also:
- Edit the alert generation suppression information for both the source and destination servers. Alert suppression would be used to suppress an alert during specific times and dates in the event of a backup failure.
- Change the role of a server from a destination server to a source server (if the destination server was configured to assume this role).
To view the status of servers configured for log shipping
To view or edit information about the source server
How to view or edit information about the destination server