Create a custom field [Outlook 2003 Forms Help]
In Outlook, you can create different types of custom fields based on the data type that you select.
- If you want to enter and show information about an item, you can create a simple field with one data type. For example, if you want to enter a date, you can create a Date/Time field.
- If you want to show more than one field in a column in a table (or in a row in a card), you can create a combination field with a Combination data type. You can either show all the selected fields joined together in a column or show only the first non-empty field. This is useful if you want to optimize the use of screen space in a view.
- If you want to show the results of calculations on standard fields or fields you create, you can create a formula field.
For more information, see the following topics:
- Create a simple field for a folder
- Create a combination field for a folder
- Create a formula field for a folder