How to add nodes to an existing virtual server (Setup)
- On the Welcome screen of the Microsoft SQL Server Installation Wizard, click Next.
- On the Computer Name screen, click Virtual Server and specify the virtual server to which you want to add a node. Click Next.
- On the Installation Selection screen, click Advanced options. Click Next.
- On the Advanced Options screen, click Maintain a virtual server for failover clustering. Click Next.
- On the Failover Clustering screen, click Next.
You do not need to enter an IP address.
- On the Cluster Management screen, select the node and click Add.
If the node is listed as unavailable, you must modify the disk resources in the cluster group of the virtual server so the disk is available for the node you want to add to the Microsoft® SQL Server™ configuration. Click Next.
- On the Remote Information screen, enter login credentials for the remote cluster node that has administrator privileges on the remote node of the cluster. Click Next.
- On the Setup Complete screen, click Finish.