How to delete an index (Query Analyzer)
SQL Server 2000
To delete an index
- On the Query menu, click Show Execution Plan.
- Execute the Transact-SQL script in the query pane.
- In the result pane, click the Execution Plan tab.
- Right-click the icon of the physical operator that represents the table containing the index that needs to be deleted, and then click Manage Indexes.
- Optionally, in Database and Table, select the name of a different database and table.
- In Existing indexes, click the name of the index to delete, and then click Delete.
- Confirm the deletion.