How to create a reflexive relationship (Enterprise Manager)
SQL Server 2000
To create a reflexive relationship
- Open a database diagram.
- Click the row selector for the database column that you want to relate to another column.
- While the pointer is positioned over the row selector, drag the pointer outside the table until a line appears.
- Drag the line back to the selected table.
- Release the mouse button.
The Create Relationship dialog box appears and attempts to match the primary key columns with the non-key columns to which you dragged the line.
- Confirm that the columns you want to relate are shown in the Primary key table and Foreign key table lists.