DTS and SQL Server Enterprise Manager
The Data Transformation Services (DTS) node of the SQL Server Enterprise Manager console tree provides facilities for accessing DTS tools, manipulating DTS packages, and accessing package information. You can use these facilities to:
- Open a new package in the DTS Import/Export Wizard or DTS Designer. In DTS Designer, you can select and edit an existing package saved to SQL Server, SQL Server 2000 Meta Data Services, or to a structured storage file.
- Connect to and import meta data from a data source, and display the meta data in the Meta Data node of SQL Server Enterprise Manager.
For more information, see Viewing Meta Data in DTS.
- Open a package template in DTS Designer.
For more information, see DTS Package Templates.
- Display the version history of a package, edit a specific package version in DTS Designer, and delete package versions.
For more information, see Saving a DTS Package to Meta Data Services.
- Display and manipulate package log information.
For more information, see Using DTS Package Logs.
- Set the properties of DTS Designer by right-clicking the Data Transformation Services node and clicking Properties.
- Execute a package.
For more information, see Executing a DTS Package.
- Schedule a package.
For more information, see Scheduling a DTS Package for Execution.