Use this dialog box to specify the source for the property whose value will be dynamically assigned.
Select an available source from the list. The source for the dynamic property value can be an .ini file, an SQL query, a global variable, an environment variable, a constant, or a data file.
Further specify the source information required to extract the dynamic property value. Depending on which Source you select, different options become available.
- For an INI File or Data File source, select the file from which you want the property value extracted.
- For an INI File, select the section of the file containing the property value from the list.
- For an INI File, select the key containing the property value from the list.
- View the current value of the property to be dynamically assigned.
- Redisplay the property value displayed in the Preview box based on the most current information.
- Select an available Data Transformation Services (DTS) connection from the list.
- Type a SQL query whose result set will be dynamically assigned to the selected property. When you assign the results of a query to a DTS package property, the Dynamic Properties task uses only the results of the first column of the first row.
- Check the syntax of the SQL query.
- Display the Select File dialog box, where you can select an .sql file containing a SQL query to enter in the Query box.
- Select a global variable or environmental variable from the list.
- Create Global Variables
- Create a global variable available for selection as a dynamic properties assignment.
- Type a constant value to be assigned to the selected property.
- Select a property value from a list of DTS constants.