The Microsoft® Office XP Developer reference includes topics on productivity tools, and the controls, objects, properties, methods, events, statements, functions, and constants available.
In This Section
- Using the Office Developer Productivity Tools
- Microsoft® Office XP Developer provides a new level of customization and extensibility tools. These tools can help you be more productive and reduce development time. In addition, Office Developer provides a series of designers that extend the functionality of Microsoft® Visual Basic® for Applications (VBA). For example, the Add-in Designer facilitates building COM Add-ins (fully compiled DLLs) to extend the Office environment.
- Troubleshooting Workflow Applications for Exchange Server
- This topic provides information to help you avoid or resolve the most common errors and issues you might encounter when using the Workflow Designer for Exchange Server.
- Troubleshooting Workflow Applications for SQL Server
- Find answers that help avoid or resolve the most common errors and issues you might encounter when using Workflow Designer for SQL Server.
- Overview of CDO
- Collaboration Data Objects (CDO is an object library that exposes the interfaces of the Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI). However, instead of requiring C or C++ as MAPI does, CDO can be programmed using any development tool that creates COM objects.
- User Interface Reference
- User interface (UI) reference topics explain the options that appear on various dialog boxes, windows, and other user interfaces. These types of topics generally appear when you press F1 in a dialog box or window.
- Language Reference
- This section includes topics on the controls, objects, properties, methods, events, statements, functions, and constants available.
- Additional References
- You can find a number of books and Web sites that provide additional information about developing applications.
- Getting Started with Office Developer
- Microsoft® Office XP Developer provides everything for developers building applications with Office. Office Developer includes professional productivity tools, documentation, and sample code for quickly building, managing, and deploying applications with Office and Office components.
- The topics in this section provide mini-tutorials that walk you through some typical application development scenarios using Microsoft® Office Developer.
- Developing Office Developer Applications
- Microsoft® Office XP Developer provides the productivity tools professional developers must have to build applications faster, integration tools to make their applications work seamlessly with data and the Web, and management tools to simplify deploying and managing the applications they build with Office.
- Using Web Technologies with Office XP
- The applications in the Microsoft® Office XP suite always have focused on making it easy to create powerful documents. However, these documents have not been always easy to share with large groups of people. In the last few years, the popularity of the Internet and corporate intranets has exploded, because they make it so easy to disseminate information to a wide audience.
- Programming Concepts
- When you program, you store data and manipulate it with a series of instructions. The data and data storage containers are the raw materials of programming. The tools you use to manipulate this raw material are commands, functions, and operators.
- The Microsoft® Office XP Developer sample applications are designed to make it possible for you see how the sample works, how it is coded, and how you can apply its features in your own applications.
- Microsoft Office Developer Center
- For additional information and resources for Microsoft® Office developers, visit the Office Developer Web site. This Web site will be updated regularly with the latest information.