This content is no longer actively maintained. It is provided as is, for anyone who may still be using these technologies, with no warranties or claims of accuracy with regard to the most recent product version or service release.
The RcUpdateProxy function updates the proxy address for a recipient and returns the new proxy address in a Unicode string.
[C++]RC RcUpdateProxy ( HANDLE hProxySession, PRECIPIENTINFO pRecipientInfo, LPWSTR pwstrOldSiteProxy, LPWSTR pwstrNewSiteProxy, LPWSTR pwstrProxy, VOID* pUnused );
- Input parameter. Handle to the proxy address generation session as returned by the RcInitProxies Function.
- Input parameter. Pointer to a RECIPIENTINFO Structure containing details about this recipient. The RECIPIENTINFO Structure is defined in the proxyinf.h header file.
- Input parameter. The old site proxy string. This value will be in the form TYPE:VALUE, where TYPE indicates the address type.
- Input parameter. The new site proxy string. This value will be in the form TYPE:VALUE, where TYPE indicates the address type.
- On input, provides the current site proxy address. When this function returns, this parameter should contain the modified proxy address. This value will be in the form TYPE:VALUE, where TYPE indicates the address type.
- This required parameter is unused, and should be set to NULL.
Return Code, as defined in retcode.h. Only the following return codes are recognized by Microsoft Exchange.
RC_SUCCESS Return this code to indicate success. RC_MEMORY Return this code to indicate that an error occurred while allocating memory. RC_ERROR Return this code to indicate some other error occurred.
This function should examine the recipient proxy address supplied in the pwstrProxy parameter. If the site portion of the proxy address matches the string specified in the pwstrOldSiteProxy parameter, then the function should replace the current site information with the new site proxy information specified in the pwstrNewSiteProxy parameter. The function should then return the updated recipient proxy address in the pwstrProxy return parameter.
If the function determines that pwstrOldSiteProxy is not part of the recipient proxy address, the function should not change pwstrProxy, and should return the error code RC_ERROR.
The RcUpdateProxy function should not display any user interface, because proxy generation should be performed silently.
Test programs and other applications that use the proxy generation dynamic-link library (DLL) can use the proxyinf.h, retcode.h, and proxygen.h header files that define proxy generation DLL interfaces, structures, and return codes.