Data Type Declaration
Visual Studio .NET 2003
Every programming element that can hold data has a declared data type. The following list shows how to specify data types of various elements:
- Variable — In a declaration statement; see Data Types in Declaration Statements
- Literal — With a literal type character; see Type Characters
- Constant — In a declaration statement; see Data Types in Declaration Statements
- Property — In a procedure declaration statement; see Property Procedures
- Procedure argument — In the procedure declaration; see Argument Data Type Declaration
- Procedure return value — In the procedure declaration; see Function Procedures
In This Section
- Data Types in Declaration Statements
- Describes declaring the data types or variables and constants.
- Type Characters
- Discusses special characters that force the data type of some programming elements.
- Data Type Summary
- Covers elementary data types supplied by Visual Basic .NET.