MFC Debugging Techniques
Visual Studio .NET 2003
If you are debugging an MFC program, these debugging techniques may be useful.
In This Section
- Describes the AfxDebugBreak function, which you can use to hardcode breakpoints in source code.
- The TRACE Macro
- Discusses and provides examples of the ATLTRACE and MFC TRACE macros, which enable you to display messages from your program in the debugger Output window.
- Detecting Memory Leaks in MFC
- Provides links to MFC classes and functions that detect memory that is allocated but never deallocated. Links include: tracking memory allocations, enabling memory diagnostics, taking memory snapshots, viewing memory statistics, and object dumps.
- Reducing the Size of an MFC Debug Build
- Provides solutions to the large amount of disk space used by debug information when you build a Debug version of an MFC application.
- MFC Assertions
- Discusses and provides example code for using the ASSERT macro to check for assertion failures.
- Debugging Visual C++
- Discusses some common debugging problems and techniques for C and C++ applications.