DropDownList Web Server Control
The DropDownList Web server control enables users to select from a single-selection drop-down list box. The DropDownList control is very similar to the ListBox Web server control. It differs in that it shows only the selected item in a box, along with a drop-down button. When users click the button, a list of items is displayed.
The following table lists topics that provide information about how to work with the DropDownList control. Because the control is similar in many ways to the ListBox control, many of the links below lead you to topics for that control.
In This Section
- Introduction to the DropDownList Web Server Control
- Explains the basic uses of the DropDownList control.
- Adding DropDownList Controls to a Web Forms Page
- Gives directions for putting a DropDownList control onto a Web Form.
- Adding Web Server Controls to a Web Forms Page
- Gives directions for including controls on your Web Form.
- Setting ASP.NET Server Control Properties
- Suggests additional topics of interest concerning server control properties.
- Setting Web Server Control Properties Programmatically
- Gives directions for setting server control properties in code.
- Customizing the Appearance of ASP.NET Server Controls Using Styles
- Gives directions for changing the look of your server controls on the page.
- Adding Items in a List Web Server Control
- Gives directions for defining individual items in the DropDownList control, either at design time or programmatically at run time.
- Populating a List Web Server Control from a Database
- Gives directions for using a DropDownList control to display database information.
- Determining the Selection in a List Web Server Control
- Gives directions for checking in code what the user has selected.
- Setting the Selection in a List Web Server Control
- Gives directions for preselecting items in the control.