Setting Visual C++ Project Properties
A project's Property Pages dialog box is accessed as follows:
- Display your project's Property Pages dialog box. You can do this in one of several ways, with each way starting with selecting a project in Solution Explorer:
- Click Property Pages (SHIFT+F4) on the View menu.
- Click Properties on the Project menu.
- Right-click the project node in Solution Explorer and click Properties.
- Click the Property Pages icon in the Properties window.
- Click the Properties icon in Solution Explorer.
- Type View.PropertyPages or Project.Properties in the Command Window.
- Using the Configuration dialog box, select the configuration for which you want to set this project's properties.
- In the left pane, select a folder and property page.
- In the right pane, set the available properties.
- Click OK to save the settings. If you want a change to take effect immediately, click Apply.
Note Properties that are unavailable are defined when the project is created; they are displayed for information only.
Specifying Project Settings with Property Pages discusses editing properties and property inheritance.
For information on the Build menu in the Visual Studio shell, see Default and Custom Builds.
Documentation is available for each property; click the Help button. For additional information on properties in the Property Pages dialog box, see:
- General Property Page (Project)
- General Property Page (File)
- Command Line Property Pages
- NMake Property Page
- Linker Property Pages
- Resources Property Pages
- Managed Resources Property Page
- MIDL Property Pages
- Web Reference Property Page
- XML Data Generator Tool Property Page
- Web Deployment Property Page
- Managed Wrapper Property Page
- Auxiliary Managed Wrapper Property Page