OLE Container Classes
These classes are used by container applications. Both COleLinkingDoc and COleDocument manage collections of COleClientItem objects. Rather than deriving your document class from CDocument, you'll derive it from COleLinkingDoc or COleDocument, depending on whether you want support for links to objects embedded in your document.
Use a COleClientItem object to represent each OLE item in your document that is embedded from another document or is a link to another document.
- Supports active document containment.
- Used for compound document implementation, as well as basic container support. Serves as a container for classes derived from CDocItem. This class can be used as the base class for container documents and is the base class for COleServerDoc.
- A class derived from COleDocument that provides the infrastructure for linking. You should derive the document classes for your container applications from this class instead of from COleDocument if you want them to support links to embedded objects.
- Maintains the list of OLE client items that are in the rich edit control. Used with CRichEditView and CRichEditCntrItem.
- Abstract base class of COleClientItem and COleServerItem. Objects of classes derived from CDocItem represent parts of documents.
- A client item class that represents the client's side of the connection to an embedded or linked OLE item. Derive your client items from this class.
- Provides client-side access to an OLE item stored in a rich edit control when used with CRichEditView and CRichEditDoc.
- An exception resulting from a failure in OLE processing. This class is used by both containers and servers.