Creating Timer-Based Server Tasks
Using the Timer component and language features in Visual Studio .NET or the Microsoft .NET Framework, you can easily create events that are raised on recurring intervals.
In This Section
- Introduction to Server-Based Timers
- Explains the server-based Timer component and how you can use it to raise events at simple intervals.
- Timer Programming Architecture
- Gives an overview of the basic language elements of the server-based Timer component.
- Creating Instances of Server-Based Timers
- Describes how to create Timer components to build interval-based events into your multi-threaded application.
- Monitoring Server-Based Timers
- Explains how to create a handler for the Elapsed event.