Concurrency Control in ADO.NET
Concurrency control is the process used to identify and resolve updates to data that are made by multiple users simultaneously. The following topics explain common methods of concurrency control, as well as specific ADO.NET features for handling concurrency errors.
In This Section
- Introduction to Data Concurrency in ADO.NET
- Provides an overview of the different methods of concurrency control.
- Walkthrough: Handling a Concurrency Exception
- Provides step-by-step instructions for identifying and resolving a concurrency error.
- Implementing Optimistic Concurrency with Dynamic SQL
- Describes how to configure an ADO.NET data adapter to automatically create SQL commands to identify and raise concurrency errors.
- Implementing Optimistic Concurrency with Stored Procedures
- Describes how to configure an ADO.NET data adapter to automatically create stored procedures that will identify and raise concurrency errors.
- Handling Concurrency Errors
- Describes how to use the DBConcurrencyException object to identify concurrency exceptions and the actual record that caused the error.
- Transactions in ADO.NET
- Provides an overview of data transactions in ADO.NET.
- Optimistic Concurrency
- Defines optimistic concurrency and the different approaches for implementing it.
- DBConcurrencyException Class
- Describes the DBConcurrencyException class and provides links to its members.
- Performing Transactions
- Details how to programmatically create and execute a data transaction.