ATL Control Containment FAQ
Visual Studio .NET 2003
This section covers questions related to hosting controls with ATL.
Note In Visual C++ .NET, the window class "AtlAxWin" is renamed to "AtlAxWin7". You can still use "AtlAxWin" if you use the hosting code in atl.dll (shipped with Visual C++ 6.0 and now a system .dll).
Classes and APIs
- Which ATL Classes Facilitate ActiveX Control Containment?
- What Is the ATL Control-Hosting API?
- What Is "AtlAxWin7"?
Creating and Loading Controls
- How Do I Create a Control Instance?
- How Do I Load Controls Specified at Run Time?
- How Do I Load Controls Specified on a Dialog Resource?
- How Do I Load a Licensed Control?
- How Do I Deal with Licensed Controls?
- When Do I Need to Call AtlAxWinInit?
Working with Controls
- What Is a Host Object?
- Can I Host More Than One Control in a Single Window?
- Can I Reuse a Host Window?
- How Do I Resize a Control?
- How Do I Get an Interface Pointer to a Control?
- How Do I Set Ambient Properties for My Controls?
- Hosting ActiveX Controls Using ATL AXHost