CREATE REPORT – Quick Report Command
Programmatically creates a report.
CREATE REPORT FileName1 | ? FROM FileName2 [FORM | COLUMN] [FIELDS FieldList] [ALIAS] [NOOVERWRITE] [WIDTH nColumns]
- Specifies the file name for the report. If you don't specify an extension for the file name, Visual FoxPro automatically assigns an .frx extension.
- Displays the Create dialog box that prompts you to name the report being created.
- FROM FileName2
- Specifies the name of the table from which the report is created. The table doesn't have to be open.
- Specifies that the report is created with the fields and their names arranged from top to bottom in the Detail band.
- Specifies that the report is created with the fields arranged from left to right across the page in the Detail band. The field names are placed in the Page Header band. If you omit FORM and COLUMN, the report defaults to the COLUMN format.
- FIELDS FieldList
- Specifies the fields from the table that appear in the report. Separate the fields in FieldList with commas.
- Specifies that the table alias is added to the field names in the report.
- Specifies that an existing report isn't overwritten. If a report already exists with the name specified with FileName1, the report isn't created.
- WIDTH nColumns
- Specifies the width of the report page in columns.
This form of CREATE REPORT creates a quick report without opening the Report Designer. The report is created as if you chose Quick Report from the Report menu.
Another form of CREATE REPORT, discussed in the previous topic, opens the Report Designer to let you interactively create a report.