- If you already have the Professional, Ultimate, or Premium Edition of Visual Studio 2012 and didn't opt out of installing SQL Server Data Tools during setup, then your machine has an existing installation of SSDT. Installing the SSDT - December 2012 update will replace these SSDT bits with a newer version.
- If you do not have Visual Studio 2012 Professional Edition or above, SSDT will install the
Visual Studio 2012 Integrated Shell and install SSDT - December 2012 on top of it. The Integrated Shell will only contain SSDT, and does not include VS programming languages and the features that support their respective project systems. The database functionality of Express SKUs of Visual Studio 2012 will also be updated when SSDT - December 2012 is installed.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7 SP1 (x86 and x64)
- Windows 8 (x86 and x64)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (x64)
- Windows Server 2012 (x64)