- If you already have the Professional Edition or higher of Visual Studio 2010, SSDT will integrate into your existing VS environment. Please note that you must install
SP1 manually before installing SSDT.
- If you do not have Visual Studio 2010 Professional Edition or above, SSDT will install the
Visual Studio 2010 Integrated Shell, apply SP1, and install SSDT on top of it. The Integrated Shell will only contain SSDT, and does not include VS programming languages and the features that support their respective project systems.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Vista SP2 or above
- Windows 7 SP1 or above
- Windows 8 RTM
- Windows Server 2008 SP2 or above
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 or above