I build web apps
Open and Flexible Frameworks
- ASP.NET supports three approaches. ASP.NET Web Forms uses controls and an event-model for component-based development. ASP.NET MVC values separation of concerns and enables easier test-driven development. ASP.NET Web Pages is optimized for a single page model that mixes code and HTML markup.
- You can mix and match these techniques within one application depending on your needs. It's all one with ASP.NET.Get started building your first web app today!
Everything you need to build, deploy, and manage your web application
- Windows Azure is an open and flexible cloud platform that enables you to quickly build, deploy and manage web apps across a global network of Microsoft-managed datacenters. Windows Azure provides on-demand infrastructure that scales and adapts to your changing business needs.
- With Windows Azure and Internet Information Services (IIS) it’s easy to build and host web apps that scale. You’ll love the security, flexibility, and deployment and scaling options for any sized web application. You can leverage your existing tools to create and deploy applications without the hassle of managing infrastructure.
- Both Windows Azure and IIS support PHP. Learn how to create a PHP web site in Windows Azure using the Windows Azure Portal, the Windows Azure Command Line Tools for Mac and Linux, or the Windows Azure PowerShell cmdlets.
- Visual Studio Express 2013 for Web gives you the tools to create standards-based, responsive websites, web APIs, or real-time online experiences using ASP.NET. You can publish your web app directly to Windows Azure from the IDE and create web services consumed by connected devices.
- With WebMatrix —a free, lightweight, cloud-connected web development tool that makes it easy to develop and deploy web apps and sites—you can create, publish, and maintain your website with ease.
Web standards built for touch
- F12 developer tools are rebuilt from the ground up in IE11. New analysis tools boost the performance of your pages, and new features help you develop and debug faster. Check out the IE 11 developer guide to learn more.
- Check out the latest code demos with web standards and performance benchmarks on IE Test Drive.
Test your site on IE6-11 using free virtual machines for Windows, Mac and Linux
Download all the tools you need to get started.
Find out what's new, read blogs from community leaders, or ask an expert
Scott Hanselman reviews what’s new in Visual Studio 2013 and ASP.net
This tutorial shows you how to build a secure ASP.NET MVC 4 web application that enables users to log in with credentials from Facebook, Yahoo, and Google. You will also deploy the application to Windows Azure.
Ensuring your code works consistently
Peter Vogel takes a single--and common--problem and looks at all the technologies you can use to solve it, from getting the data design correct through handling updates and finishing with a UI built in ASP.NET MVC.
The reason why .NET development is so popular is because it makes up for a very intuitive and secure platform for developing web applications.