Microsoft UDDI Services 3.0 (Universal Description, Discovery, and Integration Services) ships with Microsoft BizTalk Server 2009, and conforms to the UDDI version 3.0 specification. UDDI Services 3.0 provides the following key capabilities:
- A Web service that supports UDDI version 3.0 standards-compliant interfaces for service discovery.
- Rich role-based Web UI interfaces for service searching, publishing, subscribing, and site coordination.
- Notifications of service changes.
- Custom categorization schemes for describing service providers and their Web services in your organization.
- SDK and developer tools to facilitate the development of UDDI-integrated applications.
- A rich set of administration tools to ease the management of UDDI Services.
Some of the key benefits of UDDI Services are:
- It provides a scalable solution for organizing, discovering, reusing, and managing Web services.
- It promotes service reuse.
- It facilitates loosely-coupled service hosting environments by enabling run-time selection of, and binding to, a service endpoint.
- It provides interoperability with other UDDI standards-compliant tools.
For those who were using UDDI Services (version 2.0) on Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008 and need to upgrade to Windows Server 2008 R2, you should download the standalone
UDDI Services 3.0 installation package for Windows Server 2008 R2 and install it on Windows Server 2008 R2.
You can view the complete
UDDI Services 3.0 Help on MSDN. Also, the following are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center: