1. Tickets for the Metro Hackathon in association with BizSpark Camp (Event) are issued by Microsoft New Zealand Limited (Microsoft). You can obtain your ticket for the Event by registering on the Event website https://win8.msregistration.com/default.aspx?ID=ff7e8ce1-6d34-4091-9a29-8203a9fbb379. The Event will be held at:
starting 23 March 2012, 6pm – finishing 25 March 2012, 4pm
22 Viaduct Harbour Avenue
2. By attending the Event or registering for the Event, you agree to these terms and conditions. If you are registering attendance at the Event on behalf of any other person or as an agent for any other person you must notify that person of these terms and conditions.
3. You must be over 18 years of age to register for and attend the Event. You must carry an acceptable form of photo ID with you at all times while you are attending the Event. Acceptable forms of photo ID include a current New Zealand driver’s license or a current passport. If acceptable photo ID is not produced, entry into the Event may be refused.
4. Microsoft is not responsible for incorrect, incomplete, illegible or lost registrations or registrations not received. All such registrations are invalid.
5. Microsoft may at its absolute discretion withdraw, replace, substitute or vary the format, date or timing of any element of the Event, or amend the programme, prices and/or other arrangements relating to the Event at any time. In the case of early closure, no monetary compensation will be offered.
6. You may be entitled to a refund of the base registration fee (if any) paid if the entire Event is cancelled and not rescheduled (within the same city or town), however, Microsoft will not refund any booking or transaction fees. Microsoft will not provide any other refund.
7. You may transfer to your registration to another person but you must provide at least 48 hours notification to Microsoft by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the full name and contact details of the person(s) who will be attending.
8. You must not sell anything or offer anything for sale at the Event.
9. You must not bring any outside food or drink to the Event.
10. You must conduct yourself in a manner that does not restrict or interfere with the enjoyment of the Event by others.
11. You must comply with all reasonable directions of Microsoft staff and contractors at the Event, including (but not limited to) where directions relate to the health and safety of anyone attending or taking part in the Event.
12. Upon entry to the Event, you consent to the reasonable inspection of your person and property by Microsoft or Microsoft’s security contractor (Security), to ensure compliance with these terms and conditions and for any other reasonable purpose relating to security.
13. Microsoft reserves the right to refuse you entry to, or to remove you from, the Event for failure to comply with these terms and conditions, the venue’s terms of admission, or for any conduct which Microsoft or Security considers in its absolute discretion to be unsatisfactory.
14. In the unlikely event of an evacuation, you must follow the instructions of Microsoft and its contractors and otherwise leave the Event by the nearest available exit and assemble in the approved assembly area.
15. To the extent permitted by law, Microsoft, its retailers, suppliers, associated companies, agencies and contractors and each of their officers, employees and agents, will not be liable to you for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever, including personal injury, which is suffered as a result of, or arising from, your attendance or participation in the Event or otherwise in connection with the Event.
16. You will fully protect, indemnify and hold harmless Microsoft, its retailers, suppliers, associated companies, agencies and contractors and each of their officers, employees and agents, from and against any direct losses, liability, damages, actions, proceedings, claims, costs, demands and expenses that are incurred as a direct result of an unlawful or wrongful act, error or omission by you in attending or participating in the Event or otherwise in connection with the Event, where that act, error or omission was intentional, knowingly wrong or reckless.
17. Microsoft reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time and without notice.
19. By attending the Event you grant Microsoft permission to capture and/or make records of images in any format whatsoever, whether as a photo, video, digital media or otherwise. You grant Microsoft a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable (without consent or notification), irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right to use these images, in part or in its entirety, for any purpose. For the purposes of this clause, “use” includes (but not limited to) promote, replicate, copy, modify, enhance, sublicense, distribute, transmit, exploit, sell, rebrand and market, whether as part of Microsoft’s products and/or services or otherwise, without reference or attribution to you.