1. Tickets for the Windows Camp (Event) are issued by Microsoft New Zealand Limited (Microsoft). You can obtain your ticket for the Event by registering on the Event website http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nzdev/archive/2012/03/01/windows-camp-in-new-zealand-20-23-march-2012.aspx. The Event will be held in two sections, a lecture and labs, at the following locations and dates:
Christchurch - Lecture and Labs
20 March 2012 (8:30am – 6pm)
Wellington - Lecture Wellington - Labs
21 March 2012 (8:30am – 1pm) 21 March 2012 (2pm – 6pm)
Macs Brew Bar Cliftons Wellington
Corner of Taranaki and Cable Streets Level 28, 100 Willis Street
Auckland - Lecture Auckland - Labs
22 March 2012 (8:30am – 1pm) 23 March 2012 (8.30am – 1pm)
Events Cinema Cliftons Auckland
291-297 Queen Street Level 2, 45 Queen Street
Auckland CBD Auckland CBD
2. By attending the Event or registering for the Event, you agree to these terms and conditions. If you are registering attendance at the Event on behalf of any other person or as an agent for any other person you must notify that person of these terms and conditions.
3. Microsoft is not responsible for incorrect, incomplete, illegible or lost registrations or registrations not received. All such registrations are invalid.
4. You acknowledge that the “lab” component of the Event is restricted entry. Entry will be given to persons at Microsoft’s sole discretion, with preference given to persons who are developers committed to building a Metro Style App for Windows 8. Microsoft is not responsible to any persons who are denied entry to any part of the Event.
You must be over 18 years of age to register for and attend the Event. You must carry an acceptable form of photo ID with you at all times while you are attending the Event. Acceptable forms of photo ID include a current New Zealand driver’s license or a current passport. If acceptable photo ID is not produced, entry into the Event may be refused.
5. Microsoft may at its absolute discretion withdraw, replace, substitute or vary the format, date or timing of any element of the Event, or amend the programme, prices and/or other arrangements relating to the Event at any time. In the case of early closure, no monetary compensation will be offered.
6. You may be entitled to a refund of the base registration fee (if any) paid if the entire Event is cancelled and not rescheduled (within the same city or town), however, Microsoft will not refund any booking or transaction fees. Microsoft will not provide any other refund.
7. You may transfer to your registration to another person but you must provide at least 48 hours notification to Microsoft by email at email@example.com, stating the full name and contact details of the person(s) who will be attending.
8. You must not sell anything or offer anything for sale at the Event.
9. You must not bring any outside food or drink to the Event.
10. You must conduct yourself in a manner that does not restrict or interfere with the enjoyment of the Event by others.
11. You must comply with all reasonable directions of Microsoft staff and contractors at the Event, including (but not limited to) where directions relate to the health and safety of anyone attending or taking part in the Event.
12. Upon entry to the Event, you consent to the reasonable inspection of your person and property by Microsoft or Microsoft’s security contractor (Security), to ensure compliance with these terms and conditions and for any other reasonable purpose relating to security.
13. Microsoft reserves the right to refuse you entry to, or to remove you from, the Event for failure to comply with these terms and conditions, the venue’s terms of admission, or for any conduct which Microsoft or Security considers in its absolute discretion to be unsatisfactory.
14. In the unlikely event of an evacuation, you must follow the instructions of Microsoft and its contractors and otherwise leave the Event by the nearest available exit and assemble in the approved assembly area.
15. To the extent permitted by law, Microsoft, its retailers, suppliers, associated companies, agencies and contractors and each of their officers, employees and agents, will not be liable to you for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever, including personal injury, which is suffered as a result of, or arising from, your attendance or participation in the Event or otherwise in connection with the Event.
16. You will fully protect, indemnify and hold harmless Microsoft, its retailers, suppliers, associated companies, agencies and contractors and each of their officers, employees and agents, from and against any direct losses, liability, damages, actions, proceedings, claims, costs, demands and expenses that are incurred as a direct result of an unlawful or wrongful act, error or omission by you in attending or participating in the Event or otherwise in connection with the Event, where that act, error or omission was intentional, knowingly wrong or reckless.
17. Microsoft reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time and without notice.
19. By attending the Event you grant Microsoft permission to capture and/or make records of images in any format whatsoever, whether as a photo, video, digital media or otherwise. You grant Microsoft a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable (without consent or notification), irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right to use these images, in part or in its entirety, for any purpose. For the purposes of this clause, “use” includes (but not limited to) promote, replicate, copy, modify, enhance, sublicense, distribute, transmit, exploit, sell, rebrand and market, whether as part of Microsoft’s products and/or services or otherwise, without reference or attribution to you.