Guidelines for time pickers
The time picker provides a standardized way to let users pick a localized time by using touch, mouse, or keyboard input.
Use the time picker when a user needs to select a single time. The time picker is a good option for conserving real estate because the screen space used is fixed and independent of the number of choices.
- Use the time picker when a user needs to select a single time.
- Use a time picker to enable the selection of times when you need to use space efficiently.
- Don't use a time picker to display the current time. It's a static display that's meant to be set by the user.
- Don't use the time picker for performing commands, displaying other windows such as dialog boxes, or dynamically displaying other controls.
- For designers
- Guidelines for DatePickers
- Quickstart: Adding a DatePicker
- Quickstart: Adding a TimePicker
- WinJS.UI.TimePicker object
- For developers (Windows Runtime apps using C#/VB/C++ and XAML)
- TimePicker class