Building a Basic .NET Remoting Application
Building an application that uses .NET remoting to communicate across application domain boundaries is very straightforward. You must have an implementation of a remotable type, a listening or host application domain, a client or calling application domain, and you must configure the remoting system in each application domain to use remote activation for the remotable type. This process applies no matter how complex your remoting scenario becomes.
In This Section
- Building a Remotable Type
- Describes how to build a remotable type.
- Building a Host Application
- Describes how to build a host application that listens for remote clients of a remotable type.
- Building a Client Application
- Describes how to build an application that creates an instance of your remotable type and accesses designated members.
- Compiling and Running the Basic Application
- Describes how to compile and run the simple application.
- Basic Remoting Task List
- Describes how to build and execute applications that use .NET remoting.