Manually Installing the SDI Driver
When you install the Windows Embedded Studio tools on your development system, the following SDI Driver files are installed in the Program Files\Windows Embedded\Drivers folder: Sdi.sys, Sdi.inf, and Sdi.cat.
To install the SDI driver
- From Control Panel, open the Add Hardware Wizard.
- Choose Next.
- When asked if the hardware is connected, select Yes, I have already connected the hardware, and then choose Next.
- In the Installed hardware list, select Add a new hardware device, and then choose Next.
- Select Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced), and then choose Next.
- In the Common hardware types list, select Show All Devices, and then choose Next.
- Choose Have Disk, and then choose Browse.
- Navigate to Program Files\Windows Embedded\drivers\sdi.inf, and then choose Open.
- Choose OK to proceed.
- Select Storage Device Image Device, and then choose Next.
- Choose Next to install the driver.
- Choose Finish.
The driver is now ready for use.
© 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.