Terminal Services provide support for Remote Desktop, which you use to log onto and manage a target device remotely. From any Windows-based system with the Remote Desktop connection software installed, you can use Remote Desktop to remotely access data and manage your target device.
Note Windows XP Embedded supports only a single Remote Desktop session at a time. While the device is being managed remotely, the target device locks, preventing any local access for the duration of the remote connection.
In This Section
- How to Configure Terminal Services
- Describes the end-to-end process of adding Terminal Services support to your run-time image.
- Adding Terminal Services to Your Configuration
- Describes the Terminal Services support components to add to your run-time image.
- Connecting to the Target with Remote Desktop
- Describes how to connect to the target device using Remote Desktop.
- Terminal Services Security
- Describes some of the security considerations to make with regards to Terminal Services.
- Design a Run-Time Image
- Describes the design phase of the development process. During this phase you can choose the components and resources required for your run-time image.
© 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.