Manage and Service a Run-Time Image
When a run-time image is deployed on a device, the run-time image can be managed remotely and serviced with security patches and Quick Fix Engineering (QFE) updates. Before you can use any of the automated managing and servicing features, they must be added to your run-time image and deployed.
In This Section
- Run-Time Image Servicing
- Describes and compares several servicing solutions for Windows XP Embedded-based devices. Provides information about supporting Windows XP Embedded-based devices.
- Recovery CD
- Describes how to use Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE) and System Deployment Image (SDI) to create a CD that you can use to boot a device and restore or update its run-time image.
- Device Update Agent
- Describes the Device Update Agent (DUA), which you can use to remotely upgrade a run-time image with QFE updates or revised components.
- Remote Management
- Describes remote management details and how to set up your target device.
- Remote Procedure Calls
- Describes the different Remote Procedure Calls (RPCs) you can use to manage your target device.
- Software Update Services (SUS)
- Describes how to use Microsoft Software Update Services (SUS) to apply updates to your run-time image.
- Systems Management Server (SMS)
- Describes the support that Windows XP Embedded provides for Systems Management Server (SMS).
- Development Process
- Describes the order and phases in the overall run-time image development process.
- Describes the different servicing scenarios to consider when building your run-time image.
© 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.