Configuring the System Pagefile of a Run-Time Image
You can change the default system pagefile configuration of your run-time image in Target Designer.
To configure the system pagefile of a run-time image
- In Target Designer, expand the node of the Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) component for your configuration. This is one of the following components:
- ACPCI Multiprocessor PC
- ACPCI Uniprocessor PC
- Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC
- Compaq SystemPro Multiprocessor or 100% Compatible
- MPS Multiprocessor PC
- MPS Uniprocessor PC
- Standard PC
- Choose Settings. The System Settings appear in the Details Pane.
- Under System Pagefile, choose Show. The system pagefile settings are displayed.
- To enable Pagefile support, check Enable pagefile support. If this option is not enabled, other pagefile-related options are ignored. Running without a pagefile reduces the storage requirements of the operating system. Disabling pagefile support does not disable all virtual memory support. The system still pages application code in directly EXE and DLL files where necessary.
- Type in the values for your run-time image. The following table describes the fields.
Field Description Pagefile initial size Size of the initial pagefile. Must be at least 2MB. Pagefile maximum size Maximum size of the pagefile in MB.
After you change the pagefile support settings, you can check dependencies and rebuild your run-time image.
System Settings | Configuring the System Identification of a Run-Time Image | Configuring the Power Management Settings of a Run-Time Image | Configuring the Data Execution Prevention Settings of a Run-Time Image
© 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.