Preventing Targets from Autorebooting
If a configuration built by Target Designer fails, the system reboots by default. You can edit the AutoReboot registry value to display a Stop error, commonly called "blue screen."
- In the All Nodes pane, select the configuration that you want to change.
- On the toolbar, click the Registry View button:
- Locate the registry path: HKLM\System\ControlSet001\Control\CrashControl
- Double-click the AutoReboot value.
- In the DWORD Editor dialog box, change the setting from 1 (reboot on failure) to 0 (stop responding or "hang" on failure).
Note When set to 0 (stop responding on failure), a failing target displays a Stop error and does not reboot.Caution Use extreme caution when making changes in the registry. Registry editors bypass the standard safeguards provided by administrative tools. These safeguards prevent you from entering conflicting settings or settings that are likely to degrade performance or damage your local and target systems.