Starting Services on Demand
The user can start a service with the Services control panel utility. The user can specify arguments for the service in the Start parameters field. A service control program can start a service and specify its arguments with the StartService function.
When the service is started, the SCM performs the following steps:
- Retrieve the account information stored in the database.
- Log on the service account.
- Load the user profile.
- Create the service in the suspended state.
- Assign the logon token to the process.
- Allow the process to execute.
Build date: 10/26/2012