Reduced-Code Secure Database Logon in a Web Site
In this reduced-code Web Site tutorial, you learn how to display a report that contains information from a secure SQL Server database. To provide a secure database logon, you assign the report's DataSources property to the SQLDataSource control, which is part of the new DataSource control framework in Visual Studio 2005.
Note A coding development model of this tutorial is also available. See Logging onto a Secure SQL Server Database Using SQL Authentication or Logging onto a Secure SQL Server Database Using Integrated Security.
Click the appropriate link to jump to that section:
- Creating a Web Site with a CrystalReportViewer Control
- Configuring the CrystalReportSource in Smart Tasks
- Creating the Report Connected to a Secure Database
- Configuring Database Logon Prompting in Smart Tasks
- Adding a SqlDataSource Control
- Connecting CrystalReportSource to the SqlDataSource Control
- Sample Code Information