Developing a Dynamic Design-Time Configuration for a Custom Adapter
This section explains how to modify the sample adapter to create a dynamic design-time configuration for your custom adapter. This procedure only calls out the places in the sample file adapter where modifications need to occur; you will need to define your own requirements and determine what modifications you need to make. Links to sections of Microsoft® BizTalk® Server Help that describe these steps in more detail or provide additional background are provided when available.
Overview of the custom adapter development process
- Install, build, and run the sample file adapter.
For information about installing and building the sample file adapter, see File Adapter (BizTalk Server Sample).
- Create a list of adapter requirements.
Review the list of adapter variables in About Adapter Variables to determine what kind of adapter you want to develop.
- Create a list of adapter configuration requirements.
Determine the configuration parameters that will need to be set. Determine if the parameters are global (for all receive locations and send ports) or port specific.
- Run the dynamic adapter registry file.
For more information about this step, see Registering the Dynamic Sample Adapter.
- Install the dynamic adapter.
For more information about this step, see Installing the Dynamic Sample Adapter.
- Modify the registry keys of the adapter.
For more information about this step, see Modifying the Adapter Registration File.
- Modify the adapter property pages to account for any new configuration parameters.
To modify the handler configuration files, see Modifying the Adapter Handler Configuration Schemas. To modify the receive location or send port configuration files, see Modifying the Adapter Send Port and Receive Location Configuration Schemas.
- Test the changes made to the adapter property pages.
For more information about this step, see Testing the Adapter Configuration XSD Files.
- Create a custom user interface (UI) for the Add Adapter Wizard to select the schema to add to the project.
For more information about this step, see Modifying the DisplayUI Method.
- Modify sample code to return schemas as WSDL files.
For more information about this step, see Modifying the GetServiceDescription Method.
- Modify the existing WSDL file or create new WSDL files.
For more information about this step, see Modifying the WSDL Files.
- Modify the sample code to return any additional XSD files needed by the adapter that are not included in the WSDL.
For more information about this step, see Modifying the GetSchema Method.
- Rebuild and test the Add Adapter Wizard.
For more information about this step, see Rebuilding and Testing the Adapter Management Project.
This section contains:
- Registering the Dynamic Sample Adapter
- Installing the Dynamic Sample Adapter
- Modifying the DisplayUI Method
All rights reserved.