Managing the BAM Dynamic Infrastructure
BizTalk® Business Activity Monitoring (BAM) features use dynamically generated SQL and Microsoft® Online Analytical Process (OLAP) infrastructure. Administrators use the BAM Management Utility to deploy the BAM Definition Workbook or XML, which the Business Analyst develops.
The BAM dynamic infrastructure consists of the BAM workbook views, BAM deployments, the BAM Data Transformation Services (DTS) packages, and the BAM databases. For more information about the BAM dynamic infrastructure, see About BAM Dynamic Infrastructure.
Microsoft BizTalk® Server creates the following BAM databases when you configure BizTalk Server 2004:
- BAMStarSchema (optional)
- BAMAnalysis (optional)
For information about the BAM databases, see BizTalk Server Database Creation and Configuration.
An administrator performs the following management tasks:
- Deploys and undeploys BAM definitions and views.
- Manages user access to BAM views.
- Runs the BAM DTS packages.
- Backs up the BAM databases.
This section contains:
- Deploying BAM Definitions
- Associating Users with BAM Views
- Listing all Members with Access to a View
- Listing Deployment Information
- Defining BAM Aggregations
- Archiving Primary Import Database Data
- Scheduling the DTS Packages
- Creating a Partitioned View in the Archiving Database
- Undeploying BAM Definitions
All rights reserved.