Backing Up Your Databases
You must follow the procedures explained in this section to ensure your ability to restore a consistent BizTalk environment in the event of data loss. Microsoft® BizTalk® Server performs distributed transactions across databases, so it is critical that you back up and then restore all databases to the exact same state.
BizTalk Server requires a customized backup process that uses full database backups and transaction log backups in conjunction with log marking and distributed transactions. For information about how this process works, see Marking Transactions, Full Backups, and Log Backups.
Note BizTalk Server does not write tracking data directly to the BizTalk Tracking database; rather it caches the data in the MessageBox database and then moves it to the BizTalk Tracking database. In the event of a MessageBox data loss, some tracking data may be lost.
Important It is recommended that you practice restoring your databases at least once a month. Do not wait until your hard disk crashes to see if you can restore your system and databases.
This section contains:
- About Database Backup and Recovery
- Planning Your Platform for Fault Tolerance
- Creating Linked Servers
- Scheduling Database Backups
- Backing Up the SSO Credential Database
- Backing Up Your BAS Site and Database
- Backing Up BAM Analysis and Tracking Analysis Server Databases
- Restoring a Consistent BizTalk Server Group
- Restoring BizTalk Databases to Alternate Computers
- Handling Data Loss After It Has Occurred
All rights reserved.