Programming Security and Inventory Visibility in Order Systems
Microsoft® BizTalk® Server 2002
Summary: This book shows you how to implement a secure order system by integrating Microsoft Windows Server System technologies. It features Microsoft BizTalk Server 2002, Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Web Services Enhancements (WSE) for Microsoft .NET, ASP.NET, business-to-business (B2B) Web service security, and principles of the real-time enterprise (RTE). It discusses how Ford Motor Company uses technologies to build and maintain a secure and reliable order system to feed its just-in-time (JIT) supply chains, and provides sample applications that illustrate these technologies. This book:
- Demonstrates the integration of Windows Server System products.
- Explains common-sense security practices.
- Shows hard-to-get information about security and large-scale deployments.
- Explains and demonstrates inventory management and inventory replenishment.
- Showcases important product features such as disparate data format handling, business process implementation, and Web services.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Setup
Chapter 2. Just-in-Time Inventory in the RTE
Chapter 3. Is Your Enterprise Safe?
Chapter 4. Secure Web Services
Chapter 5. Real-Time Inventory Queries
Chapter 6. Deploying the Order System with Visual Studio .NET
Chapter 7. Multitier Configuration
Chapter 8. Lessons Learned and Final Thoughts
Appendix A. A Look at Our Common Utilities: Database Access
Appendix B. Next Steps for Ford
Download a copy of this document (3,159 KB).
Download a copy of the sample code (4,320 KB).
Windows Server System Online Books