Learning BizTalk Server 2002
Over the course of these lessons you will learn how Microsoft® BizTalk™ Server 2002 can help your business exchange a variety of documents with business partners, as well as integrate internal business processes and applications.
These lessons explain the fundamental concepts surrounding BizTalk Server, and also provide you with information that will help you understand the tools and processes that are required to start building solutions with BizTalk Server.
- For a step-by-step tutorial of how to configure BizTalk Server processes, see the BizTalk Server 2002 Tutorial. The BizTalk Server Tutorial shows you how to use BizTalk Editor, BizTalk Mapper, BizTalk Messaging Manager, BizTalk Server Administration, and BizTalk Orchestration Designer to configure BizTalk Server to run a business-to-business automated procurement process. For more information about BizTalk Server in general, see Introducing Microsoft BizTalk Server 2002.
To use this tutorial, BizTalk Server and all its components must be installed on drive C. Although it is possible to run these files from another drive and directory, you would need to make extensive modifications to the source files.
Before running this tutorial, you must also copy the LearnBizTalk directory to your C drive:
- Copy the \Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk Server\SDK\LearnBizTalk directory to C:\LearnBizTalk.
- Browse to C:\LearnBizTalk\Documents.
- While pressing CTRL, select ReqToApprove.xml and ReqToDecline.xml.
- Right-click the selection and click Properties.
- On the General tab, in the Attributes area, clear the Read-only check box.
- Click OK.
- There are several scripts located in the C:\LearnBizTalk\Scripts directory. You can run the script files by double-clicking them. These scripts make configuration changes within your BizTalk Server installation to help you complete the lessons. Running these scripts may take several minutes. A message box will be displayed when each script is completed.
- When you are finished with the tutorial, you can run the CleanUp.vbs script to remove all of the changes.
- Lesson 1: Introduction to BizTalk Server
- Lesson 2: Configuring BizTalk Messaging Services
- Lesson 3: Designing BizTalk Orchestration Services
- Lesson 4: Understanding Implementation
- Lesson 5: Using BizTalk Mapper
- Lesson 6: Sending and Receiving Documents
- Lesson 7: Completing the Transaction
Did you find this information useful? Please send your suggestions and comments about the documentation to BizTalk Server Documentation Feedback@microsoft.com