Operations on Blobs
The Windows® Azure™ SDK provides REST operations for working with blobs in the Blob service.
In This Section
This section contains reference information for operations on block blobs and page blobs.
Operations on Block Blobs and Page Blobs
- Put Blob (REST API)
- Creates a new blob or replaces an existing blob within a container.
- Get Blob (REST API)
- Reads or download a blob from the Blob service, including its user-defined metadata and system properties.
- Get Blob Properties (REST API)
- Returns all user-defined metadata, standard HTTP properties, and system properties for the blob.
- Set Blob Properties (REST API)
- Sets values for system properties defined for a blob.
- Get Blob Metadata (REST API)
- Returns all user-defined metadata for the specified blob.
- Set Blob Metadata (REST API)
- Sets user-defined metadata for the specified blob as one or more name-value pairs.
- Lease Blob (REST API)
- Establishes and manages a lock on write and delete operations. To delete or write to a locked blob, a client must provide the lease ID.
- Snapshot Blob (REST API)
- Creates a snapshot of a blob.
- Copy Blob (REST API)
- Copies a blob to a destination within the storage account.
- Abort Copy Blob (REST API)
- Aborts a pending Copy Blob operation, and leaves a destination blob with zero length and full metadata.
- Delete Blob (REST API)
- Marks the specified blob for deletion.
Operations on Block Blobs
- Put Block (REST API)
- Creates a new block to be committed as part of a block blob.
- Put Block List (REST API)
- Commits a block blob by specifying the set of block IDs that comprise the blob.
- Get Block List (REST API)
- Retrieves the list of blocks that have been uploaded as part of a block blob.
Operations on Page Blobs