Retrieving Metadata for SAP Operations in Visual Studio
The Microsoft BizTalk Adapter 3.0 for mySAP Business Suite provides two Visual Studio components that you can use to help you develop solutions using the adapter.
- The Consume Adapter Service BizTalk Project Add-in is available in BizTalk Server projects. You use the Consume Adapter Service Add-in to generate message schemas (XSDs) for operations that you want to target in your BizTalk solution. For more information about developing solutions with BizTalk Server, see Developing BizTalk Applications.
- The Add Adapter Service Reference Visual Studio Plug-in is available in non-BizTalk programming projects. You use the Add Adapter Service Reference Plug-in to generate a WCF client class or a WCF service callback interface when you develop solutions using the WCF service model. For more information about developing solutions with the WCF service model, see Developing Applications by Using the WCF Service Model.
Both of these Visual Studio components simplify development by:
- Providing a Microsoft Windows interface through which you can browse and search for operations that you want to use in your solution.
- Retrieving metadata exposed by the adapter for these target operations.
- Converting that metadata, which is expressed as a Web Services Description Language (WSDL) document by the adapter, into a form that you can use in your solution (XSD message schemas for BizTalk projects or a .NET object representation of a service contract for the WCF service model) and adding it to your project.
This section provides instructions about how to use the Consume Adapter Service Add-in and the Add Adapter Service Reference Plug-in.
Connecting to the SAP System in Visual Studio
Browsing, Searching, and Retrieving Metadata for RFC Operations
Browsing, Searching, and Retrieving Metadata for BAPI Operations
Browsing, Searching, and Retrieving Metadata for IDOC Operations
Browsing, Searching, and Retrieving Metadata for tRFC Operations